Size: 461,556 Square Feet
With its limestone façade, the former Imperial Oil building was transformed into a state-of-the-art Condominium with 380 suites, while maintaining the integrity and heritage of the original design.
Conversion of such an icon building required the design team to respect the essential character of the building while elaborating on the quality environment established in 1957; an era when modern design approached its zenith. Imperial Plaza’s transformation was deemed an immense success as, quite literally, the man on the street doesn’t notice that the building has changed much.
HERITAGE TORONTO AWARD 2016 – Won – Award of Merit